PDA

View Full Version : TF Gear Compeition 2 of 4 **Closed**

John
20-07-2011, 13:29
This is the second in a series of competitions that will be run over the next couple of months.

http://www.craftycarping.co.uk/EXTRAS/ftb.gif

Fishtec the UK's leading retailer for carp fishing tackle (http://www.fishtec.co.uk/) have kindly given me some items of tackle to put up in a series of 4 competitions.

Up for grabs in this competition is the TFGear Force 8 - 5 rod carp quiver.

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr35/sparxx73/th_tfg-spec-019.jpg (http://s467.photobucket.com/albums/rr35/sparxx73/?action=view&current=tfg-spec-019.jpg)

OK how do you win this quiver ? Dead simple, upload a picture of your favourite carp capture, add why it is so special to you and how you went about catching that particular carp.

Guidelines for the competition

Each Member is allowed 2 pictures and write ups at this.

All replies in this thread, any replies that are emailed or pm'd will not be counted.

We will run this until the 31st August 2011 and will end at 6pm that evening.

The 2 judges will be keffus1 & si1979, after the competition is ended they will make there deliberations and one of them will post the winner of the prize on this thread.

As keffus1 & si1979 are judging this competition they will not be allowed to enter. ( Sorry Lads :lol: )

The winner will have 7 days to claim there prize or the competition will be re drawn.

Good Luck All :tu:

crazyspodder
20-07-2011, 22:46
My most memorable capture to date is my PB, a 28lb 8oz common from my club water caught just over 3 years ago. The lake itself is a small 2.5 acre clay pit situated around 15 miles south of Middlesbrough. It is a very weedy lake with a fairly low stock (i estimate around 25 originals, and 10 small 'stockies') and, even though its only a small venue, its a real head buster at times. After 4 years of being a member of the club, i had caught 4 of the lakes 5 biggest residents, but i still hadn't caught the big one, the big common. At the start of the 2008/2009 season (we have a 2 month closed season in april and may) i decided to start a small baiting campain in one of the least fished pegs on the lake in the far corner.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/leeyarker/TontineBenchPeg.jpg

I chose 2 areas to bait in this swim, the first was about 2 rod lengths out at the end of the 'fallen' tree on the left. This spot is at the bottom of a slope and is one of the deepest areas of the lake at 8ft (its always clear of weed as well, and quite silty). The other area was the right hand margin, under an overhanging willow. I was baiting these areas twice a week but only putting about a quarter of a kilo over each spot on each visit. I had been baiting the spots for around 7 weeks when, after a bad day at work one friday, i made a last minute decision to go fishing and not work the saturday. I arrived at the lake at 6pm and couldn't believe i was the only one there. After doing a few laps of the lake and not seeing any signs of fish, i decided it was time to fish the spots i had been baiting. By around 8.30pm, the rods were out, the brolly was up and i was ready to see if my little baiting campain was worth it. As none of the other members had turned up that night, i was tucked into my sleeping bag by 10pm and soon in the land of nod(dy). I didn't get one bleep through the night but at 6am i had a really slow take on the left hand rod. When i jumped out of the sleeping bag the swinger was pulled tight to the rod but no line was being pulled off the reel. My first thought was 'great, a bream!' When i lifted into it, it took off like a train. It took a good 40yds of line and there was nothing i could do to stop it. I knew it was going to be one of the 20's. After a 5 minute battle, the fish was just yards in front of me but still putting up a good fight, it rolled just under the surface and i could see it was the big common. My next though was 'for @%&* sake, dont come off!' Another minute passed with a few more small lunges from the fish and i slipped the net under her. I coudn't believe it, i had the big girl in the net! It tiped the scales at 28lb 8oz, half a pound under its biggest weight but that didnt matter to me, i had just caught one of the biggest and best looking fish in the area, Theres not a lot of bigguns up here in the north east! I managed to get a couple of decent self takes as well which was a bonus!

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/leeyarker/28lbs8ozTontine28062008.jpg

P.S - the fish recently came out at 30lb 2oz as well!!

Cheers, Lee

CrazedCarper
22-07-2011, 15:55
Well my pic is of a 26lb common i caught from Elsons lake at Stanwick fisheries. I know some of you know this place well but if you go back quite a few years before the current owners had it it was all free water!! I started fishing it as it was always extremelly quiet and there was only about 2 or 3 others that fished it regularly. Elsons for those of you who dont know is about 5-6 acres and possibly one of the most magical and addictive lakes ive ever fished, it keeps you coming back again and again.

When i started fishing it there was i think 6 big fish weighing between mid 20's up to high 30's and maybe a handfull of smaller fish but id say no more than about 12-15 carp left in there from where the old owners netted it which was quite a long time prior to the current owner.

The water itself was really hard going, gin clear and absolutlly stuffed full of natural food, so getting a carp on to any bait was an acheivement in itself!If you dont get your rigs correct and everything blended and pinned to the deck you dont stand a chance, I did 9 48 hour sessions before i even got a bleep which for me was almost soul destroying but that bleep developed into a 16lber which i dont have a picture off but was what spurred me on as i knew the fish had started picking up my baits.

Ok so i did a few more 48 hour sessions and a couple of overnighters without any joy, doubt started edging its way into my mind again about the rigs, the spots, the bait, weve all been there!! My next 48 hour session was comming up and i thought "no stick to your guns, you know its all good just have patience!" i set up for the first night and all stayed quiet.

6 am rolls round and i start crawling out my pit when all of a sudden i get a screaming one toner and about 20 mins later i had this beauty on the bank. To me at that time it was the most beautiful cleanest common i had ever seen, as i said 26lb on the nose jet black across the top and shaped perfectlly with a full curtain in its mouth and no signs of previous hooking... pretty hard to find a fish like that then and even less chance these days!!

Just writing this brings it all back and tbh forget the comp im just pleased to share this with you all,, thanks anyone thats took the time to read.

Stanwick Beauty. 26lb. Caught on 18mm Rum 'n' Raspberry, Size 8 Raptor, 15lb coated braid 'D' rig. Small Pva stick full of R'n'R stick mix.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/BISON_bucket/PHOT00052.jpg

keith wright
17-08-2011, 21:52
only two entries for this comp, closes on the 20th of aug.....get your stories in lads for a chance to win

John
17-08-2011, 21:57
only two entries for this comp, closes on the 20th of aug.....get your stories in lads for a chance to win

Ive just extended this comp to the 31st Keith :cool:

As Keith says get your entries in, its free !!!

CrazedCarper
17-08-2011, 21:59
yea yea thats it.. move the feckin goal posts!! :coat:

Weed-Camo
21-08-2011, 12:40
This carp is called Blackspot and when caught in 2007 was the 4th largest carp ever caught in N.I ( to my knowledge), at the time it was coming out the lake every month and was known as the mug fish of the lake, what made this capture so special was it was my last ever time of fishing the lake before being posted back to England, it was the 3rd fish that I caught on a 16 hour session.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/mikee334/tina365.jpg
The lake was fishing really well back then and it was normal for me to catch 2-3 carp in a over night session, that said once the sun was up the lake would die off and it would be very hard to catch, it was about 9 ish in the morning and I was sat with my daughter ( she liked sleeping out by the lake ) and we were talking about calling it a day as Arsenal were playing at 12:30 and I needed to get back to see the match.
The run started with a huge drop-back that then stopped and went still for about 5 sec's, the swinger then shot to the rod and she was away. The carp didn't put up much of a fight but as it got nearer a small crowd grew behind me, it was one of the who noticed the size and spotted the famous black spot on the side of the fish ( Not shown on my picture), once landed , the carp was weighed and came up at 24lb 4oz its highest weight Blackspot has ever been caught at.

Weed-Camo
21-08-2011, 12:46
This carp is no record breaker and I don't even remember the weight , I just love the fact the the carp made a huge effort of holding its dorsal fin up for the photo, the dorsal fin is in immaculate condition and make the carp look really healthy.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/mikee334/12lbmirror.jpg

steve3100
21-08-2011, 18:04

this picture was taken yesterday from my son sam first fishing session. this isnt the biggest fish ive seen on the bank but to me and him we will both always remember that day. sam has pestered me to take him for a long time so i thought i would bite the bullet and take him for a nights session. this was just 1 of 3 fish he caught all in the 6-8lb bracket and for him he was so chuffed he caught 1 let alone 3.

hopfully this will be the birth of another angler im so pleased with the way he handled the fish and made sure they went back into the water ok.

love the clothing

carpfanatic
21-08-2011, 23:39
After weeks of countless blanking on a difficult water near to me, myself and a mate decided to go down today and give it another bash. Due to the water being very weedy, we both adopted a one rod approach, fishing in only a few feet of water in small clearings in the weed, after locating some fish.

My approach was fairly simple.... Long length of tubing to keep everything pinned and a slack line, heavy lead to get the hook home if i was lucky enough to get a take, size 6 raptor, Natrex on the end, over Natrex Chops, a few handfulls of Betaine and Halibut Pellets.

From the off the Tench were in on the action and after a while i was beginning to doubt my rig as i watched them pick up my hookbait at least a dozen times, to no avail.... but for fear of spooking the swim i left things be and then after a while a Common appeared out of nowhere did a few circles just off my bait, looked like it was going to bugger off and then it did a U-Turn and proper tucked in to loosefed Chops and Pellets :cool: Then it left the area, but did another U-Turn, this time clearly wanting one boilie too many and i held my breath as it went straight down with no hesitation on to my hookbait...... Hoping my rig was ok i waited for the all important shake of the head.... which thankfully came and all hell broke loose :cool: It was a bit of an unorthodox situation as i had a steep bank to negotiate to get down to netting position, but because of the weed i never let it get its head down and got it straight in the net.
Going 13lb 12oz on the scale this fish was a bit of a personal milestone for me and although it wasn't one of the lumps i was hoping for, a fish is a fish and believe me it's been a bloody long time in coming.

Then it was to get better as a couple of hourse later, my mate opposite got a screamer :cool: Straight away he said, it's a 20 Dan and little did i know he was also on the Natrex he had pinched off me!!!! When i got round i was greeted with the site of a stunning Mirror that went 20lb 12ozs :cool: So 2 in one day.... rare indeed for us.

13lb 12oz Common :cool:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/306310_10150262061355981_724975980_8049142_453524_ n.jpg

crazyspodder
22-08-2011, 19:40

this picture was taken yesterday from my son sam first fishing session. this isnt the biggest fish ive seen on the bank but to me and him we will both always remember that day. sam has pestered me to take him for a long time so i thought i would bite the bullet and take him for a nights session. this was just 1 of 3 fish he caught all in the 6-8lb bracket and for him he was so chuffed he caught 1 let alone 3.

hopfully this will be the birth of another angler im so pleased with the way he handled the fish and made sure they went back into the water ok.

love the clothing

Quality that mate, i hope you win it for the young 'un, you'll have to buy him 3 nice rods and reels to fill the quiver then lol

Lee

steve3100
23-08-2011, 00:46
Quality that mate, i hope you win it for the young 'un, you'll have to buy him 3 nice rods and reels to fill the quiver then lol

Lee

Cheers matey think he's already eyed up my lighter set of carp rods lol.

the nowed serpent
24-08-2011, 01:20
Well this is certainly one of my favourite fish at the moment :!: I caught it on my recent trip to Frant Lake 8 which is currently fishing fairly hard due to the fact that the bailiffs have been removing some of the snags using a dinghy, grapnels, tractor and a 360 so needless to say the fish have been a bit disturbed :think2: This Golden Ghost Carp was caught off the surface using double dog biscuit and whereas normally the fish feed off the top to within a few feet of the bank they are currently keeping their distance and I had to change to a heavier surface controller than usual to reach the 50-60 yards needed to get near the feeding fish. The fish was taken on my 10' Richard Walker fibre glass carp rod 1 3/4 lb tc matched with a Mitchell 410 (both 70's vintage:tu:) reel loaded with 10lb line and a size 12 hook and as things stand the fish is my pb for a Ghost :yes:

Andy

steve3100
24-08-2011, 15:09
some cracking entries into this comp well done lads liking the pics and read ups:cool:

John
26-08-2011, 19:52
5 more days to get those entries in chaps :cool:

NorthernCarper
27-08-2011, 22:44
Come on guys not long left now :tu:

John
01-09-2011, 13:33
competition now closed, the selected judges will decide and one of them will post the winner up in due course :cool: