PDA

View Full Version : glazer to sell man utd

flashgordon1952
17-09-2011, 00:25
its been rumoured that next week the qatari royal family has bought man utd from glazer. for 1.6bn some of this takes over man utds 317million debt the breaking news will be in the mirror either on sunday or saturday. The Glazer empire is in a bit of financial trouble at teh moment with real estate prices colapseing . And there is fear that they could fold. The sale of man utd would solve there problems.
Man utd is about to go on the singapore share markets (yu note singapore and not uk ) but this is now in doubt. I think its qatari royal family thats has bought the olympic village (wow that was kept verry quite ?)
From what i hear this was to keep them happy over the prince charles affair when he stopped them developeing barracks (and they lost a bundle over it ) in chelsea area ?

John
17-09-2011, 10:09
Wont happen, not when they have sorted floating the club on the singapore stock exchange. well 25% of it anyway, and will wipe the debt out.

From a real united fans point of view, i hope they do sell, the amount of money they have took out of the club since they have been in control could of paid the debt off twice over. The only thing i will back the glazers over is the fact that if fergie has wanted money they have give it to him, if were owned by the arabs that will give us even more wealth than is enjoyed by our little tiny neighbours, i just dont want us paying over the odds for players like that shower of crap do.

NorthernCarper
17-09-2011, 12:19
Id give them 50p and not a penny more :rofl:

flashgordon1952
18-09-2011, 09:43
Wont happen, not when they have sorted floating the club on the singapore stock exchange. well 25% of it anyway, and will wipe the debt out.

From a real united fans point of view, i hope they do sell, the amount of money they have took out of the club since they have been in control could of paid the debt off twice over. The only thing i will back the glazers over is the fact that if fergie has wanted money they have give it to him, if were owned by the arabs that will give us even more wealth than is enjoyed by our little tiny neighbours, i just dont want us paying over the odds for players like that shower of crap do.
I think its a question of desperation for the glazers rather than man utd. The man utd brand is probably the most inportant "brand" of football clubs in the world (i suppose the others are barcelona and real madrid and maybe a couple of the italian teams) Glazers pushed for flotation there is no doubt (310 plus in the red ) . The fact that all premiership teams except a couple are in "dire straits" financially and more than likely most top teams in europe (even Barclelona ) As a fact Barcleona is in severe trouble because the cl.ub is owned by the city of Barcelona as because of the problems in spain of the EURO takeing a dive and banks are not lending (some have even gone bust). The glazers are obviously hedgeing (hedgeing as in financial dealings) that if they float the shares or part of the shares,glazers can recoup some of the financial problems they find themselves ( and these are massive ) Offcourse for man utd it would be better if the Glazers had nothing to do with them whatsoever. People like the Glazers look at football as a means to make money not a religion (what man utd is) Well the money makeing machine has become a " The monet pit".
I do hope the Qatari do buy out the Glazers Man utd will be better off and the fans certainly very happy as the Qatari are very fond of football and motorsports ,its a passion a religion not a means of makeing money out of the supporters.

John
18-09-2011, 10:19
No matter who owns united, unless its the fans, the owners will never know the "religion of united" The arabs are not going to buy united because there fans, there going to buy united to make money, its as simple as that, united are one of only 3 clubs in EPL who actually make money, after paying out on the debt repayments, wages etc etc. Yes the arabs buying us will clear the debt in one fell swoop, but at what cost, how many games in the middle east will united be forced to play to satisfy the lust of oil rich arabs ? I see the forthcoming as more arab owners come to the EPL of the 39th game.

Dont think that the arabs will be buying united as some sort of religion or love for the club, they will be doing it for money, pure and simple, end of.

one love, one religion, one united or to put it another way, united, the kids, the wife in that order. ;)

Malc
18-09-2011, 10:33
I'm not into Football but the sad thing is seeing Foreigners owning English clubs. The other thing I don't like is the fact we aint even got an ALL English team anyway. There again we can say that about most sports.