PDA

View Full Version : Lads i'm sooo bloody annoyed wit ME! absolutely screwin!

covnewbie33
26-09-2011, 22:10
Lads got a nice little session in today at a local club water but it was damn hard today!

one result was i did'nt blank!!! one lonely bream :coat::td:

but in the last throws of dusk i had to absolutely blinding runs, my left rod iin the margins which my flippin hooklink snapped about 2mm below the knot grrrrrrrrr:mad: now this paticular hooklink is a mono ready made, size 10 hair-rig & its 10lb line about 4"or5" long, i have had these paicular Preston Innovations ready-mades snap in exactly the same way so even though my money is tight i've chucked the ****in things in the bin, 6 fish have been lost in 4 sessions cause of these shit things oooohhh i'm fuming

the other thing is i had the most almighty run as i was packing up (dont they always happen then)

anyhow it was an absolute screamer of a run, & no exaggeration it was a blinding run as though sombody put my hook on a car at 60mph & drove off, i jumped down to the rod & lifted & nothing! i wound down to take up any slack line, felt a slight wiggle & the heavy heavy weight of a fish & then it was GONE!

i'm fuming that i missed such a quality run & i personally believe if i had connected it would have been a PB propper gutted in one sence but on the flip side ............

i'm so hyped up ready for another session this week, i'm filled with enthusiam & confidance as the screaming run was on a bigger boilie than i'd normally use tipped with plastic corn!

anyhow i'll pop up a question in anther part of the forum i need some help with!!!

carperboy2010
26-09-2011, 22:19
hello fella. if your not confident in tying your own rigs yet then give the esp ready mades a go. there nice simple rigs but made to cope with the power of bigger carp unlike the preston ones :cool:

covnewbie33
26-09-2011, 22:46
sorry meant to add that i have tied about 100 hair rigs myself over the weekend, not phased at all tying my own rigs i was using the Preson type whist i had a bit of a practice of my knots, & to be honest i did get into a bit of a habit over the last 10+ sessions of just thinking "oh i'll use up these ready-mades" but once i started having snap-offs i've not been confidant in them!

so today after i had that snap-off i have put my own hooklinks on & feel "that situation" defo wont happen again!!!! :cool:

just need to connect with the carp now!
which i think could possibly be because when i used my bigger boilie (22mm) topped with corn, instead of what i usually use which is double 10mm boiles, the hair i made for the double 10mm is'nt long enough for my 22mm+corn so i think a longer hair & a size 7 or 8 hook rather than a size 10

its a funny old game, but i like it!!!!!:p

carperboy2010
26-09-2011, 22:48
i would got for a size 6 if using a 22mm bait

CrazedCarper
26-09-2011, 22:53
ROFL funniest write up for a while,, was that last run a good un? :pmsl:

Been there mate with the ready mades,, yes its lazyness to use em but hey ho i learnt the hard way too although a long time ago!!

Plenty more fish in the s... Lake lol

:cool:

covnewbie33
26-09-2011, 23:00
nice one carperboy2010, i have some size 7 esp raptors (close enough d'ya reckon?) i think thses are the biggest hooks i have at present!
have you guys any hook recommendations, the lake is weed free with bloody finickey fish that sence the weight of a hook quick sticks & shy away from POP-up baits

sounds a nightmare lake dont it? i'm up for the challange dont get put off a challange to easily!

covnewbie33
26-09-2011, 23:19
LOl cheers crazedcarper :cool:

i did have a bit of a day of issues to be honest, also had 3 major birdsnests! i was'nt gonna admit this on here to save emabarresment but arrrhhh fuk it! i can take it :D

i put new line on my reels on friday, loaded it on wet1 as apparently this is how ya meant to do it?

Well for about the first ten casts the feckin line kept getting all tangled & frapped up around the rod eyes :mad:

so i took both rods to the peg next to my own, put a 3.5oz lead on each rod & banged those leads out as far as i could & smooth as i possibly could 7 that seems to have solved my tangle issues, funny thing new line!

my casting has improved a treat, i'm actually managing to be accurate to within a 6ft radius at about 60/65yeards so i'm pretty chuffed!

i hada play with these modern PVA bag things today too, they take me about ten minutes each, i think i may give PVA mesh a go instead!

somthing always happens when i'm fishing, i think the grey cloud follows me or somthing ;)

pikeman23
26-09-2011, 23:25
For me id deffo up the hook size i use size 6 hooks with 16mm baits iv even used size 4 hooks when using double 14mm boilies :tu:

And this is one reason i refuse to use ready-mades as i just dont trust them!! atleast if my rigs snaps (never happened yet) its my own fault!!

Kieran

ground-hog
26-09-2011, 23:45
LOl cheers crazedcarper :cool:

i did have a bit of a day of issues to be honest, also had 3 major birdsnests! i was'nt gonna admit this on here to save emabarresment but arrrhhh fuk it! i can take it :D

i put new line on my reels on friday, loaded it on wet1 as apparently this is how ya meant to do it?

Well for about the first ten casts the feckin line kept getting all tangled & frapped up around the rod eyes :mad:

so i took both rods to the peg next to my own, put a 3.5oz lead on each rod & banged those leads out as far as i could & smooth as i possibly could 7 that seems to have solved my tangle issues, funny thing new line!

my casting has improved a treat, i'm actually managing to be accurate to within a 6ft radius at about 60/65yeards so i'm pretty chuffed!

i hada play with these modern PVA bag things today too, they take me about ten minutes each, i think i may give PVA mesh a go instead!

somthing always happens when i'm fishing, i think the grey cloud follows me or somthing ;)

pmsl i would take up golf if i was you, :lol4:

covnewbie33
27-09-2011, 00:34
naaah ruins a good walk does golf! :D

i tell ya, i'm a bit taken back at some of my foulups, i know i have had a break from fishing for 6 years but some of my mistakes i have made have been shockin!!!

casting with the bloody bail-arm shut was'nt exactly funny but a danger! rod all loaded up for a cast, 3oz lead on the end with a 2ft drop between the rod tip & lead! i nearly knocked myself out when the lead nearly hit me in the face

another day it pissed down, i had a run on the left rod & made haste for my rod & slipped on fckin bream slime into the edge of the lake on my arse!
GOT THE CARP THOUGH! 15LB common & really dark colours, i was soaked with no change of clothes & a bit stressed as the lake i was fishing was 15ft deep 1 rod length out (resoviour) & i cant feckin swim!!!!!

no considering i have only been back to fishing about 3-4months its been bloody eventfull to say the least-i would'nt have it any other way thought to be honest......well apart for more fish on the bank! oh maybe a better camera to take some pics

CrazedCarper
27-09-2011, 12:13
I think you need to get on one of our socials!! to help you iron out some of the wrinkles and for comedy value too!! casting with the bail arm shut ROFL,, i did that once and yea nearly knocked meself clean out as the method ball slammed off my shoulder! :D:D

flashgordon1952
27-09-2011, 12:56
i do tend to use my own nylon ones on a size 8 hook in the winter but not in the summer. My problem is i cannot tie the "hair"bit at the end so i only use once only useage and then remake them. In the winter this works fine but in the summer i be haveing to tie too many hairs so use the "braid" ones i get off ebay at 50p each . (made to order) I probably use also size 6 for meat. For maize i use a size 10 (actually a size 12) from ebay at 2.99 for 10 the line is rated 12lbs but in real life its only 8lbs tested line. But ideal for maize. I prefer this because i dont think maize looks good when useing braid or larger hooks.

carpfanatic
27-09-2011, 13:48
I have experience of using ready mades..... as i am bone idol... well was, plus a combination of not 'feeling confident' enought to tie my own effective rigs.
In my opinion there are only one range of ready mades that you should use for regular Carping..... (This may suprise some as you all know i am Anti-Kordist :rofl: ) Get on the Korda ones - I used them with no issues whatsoever. In my opinion they are the most professionally tied, then neatest and the most effective. Try the ones tied up with the Supernatural Hooklinks and Widegape hooks.

I learnt the lesson too with Hook to Nylons, but in my case i was pleasure fishing with Middy gear for 4-10lb fish and i had them fail on me on several occasions (and they were 'designed' for carp too - apparently). Would never put them in a proper fishing situation though.

Just got to the stage where i am confident with a rig myself.