PDA

View Full Version : ATTS Review

John
10-12-2010, 17:20
Was very nervous about getting these alarms and put it off a couple of times before i took the jump, and can honestly say i haven't looked back.

Had these about 2 years now, they been dropped on hard/stoney ground, stood on and fell of the barrow a couple of times and they still work with no damage to the heads whatsoever.

They indestructible and are 100% waterproof due to there being no speaker, buttons or jack plug points on the head, all sound is via the receiver, so if your on a water and you don't want anyone knowing that you have had a run simply turn the receiver down and know one will ever know you have had that run.

A lot of anglers have and still the ask the question what if the receiver is broken or the battery dies ?

The simple answer is you wont have any sound but how often does your other electrical equipment you use during your session breakdown ? as long as it is kept in your pocket or in your bivvy it will be fine, as for the battery dying, all i can suggest is you take spare battery's, as you would for any other alarm or electrical item you use, the receiver will give you a low battery warning sound to let you know if it is dying.

The heads come with batterys fitted and have an estimated 80,000 hours of life due to the fact the power of the battery is only used when the roller wheel turns.

For the tarts out there on the banks each head has changeable roller wheels & isotopes available in red white blue green orange and purple, sensitivity is set using different wheels, 2,4 or 6 magnet roller wheels, the higher number of magnets on the wheel the higher the sensitivity.

The head also comes with longer than normal ears, this helps with violent takes from margin spots etc, the alarm is also one of the smallest on the market.

The only thing i can really pull the alarms up on is the isotopes are very loose in the ears and can be easily lost, so these need holding in with some mastic ( do not use super glue ).

Because of the isotope problem i cant rate these 10/10 so my overall rating is

9/10

Scotfins
10-12-2010, 17:40
Wouldn't say that's really a flaw John, you know yourself most alarms aren't factory fitted with shineys... You would think that if they did though they would do it properly....Those little details...:)...Good hardy failsafe simple alarms... remember the promo videos pre-release with the heads being abused with baseball bats and lengthy spells underwater.....

JohnS
10-12-2010, 18:28
Good review John. Am considering these myself after my Fox EOS-r's went for a swim and one came out never to speak again!
I'm a poor pensioner so need to save up my winter fuel allowance! :lol:

keith wright
10-12-2010, 21:34
good review john, feel the only thing that needed adding was that the four magnet roller, are a tad too sensitve ...god knows what the 6 magnet roller is like...i kept, the 2 magnet wheel on,and had no problems..on the isotope issue, i used clear mastic, and never had a problem ....top marks from me...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/keffus/IMG_1229.jpg

colinmac
11-12-2010, 00:41
i have also had these alarms for 2 years now i think they are the dogs,was down on catch 22 (norfolk) last year and the receiver went on the blink on me....receiver not communicating with alarms,made a call to tom the owner of att and he told me that it was a board fault in the receiver,so he sent me a new receiver and it was in my swim the next morning,when i think about it,i could have been anyone chancing it,top quality customer service and a cracking system..the 4 mag rollers are a tad too sensitive in blustary conditions..but what matters to me is when it one tones,not into all that line bite shit ,actually sold a brand new set of delk txi's which i had for 6 months before these,they were giving me false signals on the receiver with no indication(light) on the actual delk head

keith wright
11-12-2010, 11:03
i have also had these alarms for 2 years now i think they are the dogs,was down on catch 22 (norfolk) last year and the receiver went on the blink on me....receiver not communicating with alarms,made a call to tom the owner of att and he told me that it was a board fault in the receiver,so he sent me a new receiver and it was in my swim the next morning,when i think about it,i could have been anyone chancing it,top quality customer service and a cracking system..the 4 mag rollers are a tad too sensitive in blustary conditions..but what matters to me is when it one tones,not into all that line bite shit ,actually sold a brand new set of delk txi's which i had for 6 months before these,they were giving me false signals on the receiver with no indication(light) on the actual delk head

now that is excellent customer service for ya....

keith wright
23-12-2010, 19:06
anyone been lucky enough to use or see the new" cube " for the atts, what is it? a waterproof box or new type of waterproof reciever?

John
23-12-2010, 19:08
anyone been lucky enough to use or see the new" cube " for the atts, what is it? a waterproof box or new type of waterproof reciever?

think its just a waterproof reciever keith, i wont personally be getting one as my reciever is always hung up in the bivvi.

John
03-01-2011, 00:06
Thought i would add 2 of the videos that are about on the atts, that show just how jurable they are. Please done try this with your alarms unless its atts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh3eWxiSPs4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTiPLqxx1Gc&feature=related

karl
28-12-2011, 10:49
well i did have a set,

thought they where very good until my mate found a big big floor on them,

he has been thinking of getting a set for a bit now but was un sure,

so i said to him take mine and try them (he went on a 5 nighter over xmas)

all was good first 2 nights then the floor struck,

3rd early morning he woke to one of his reels screaming off but no allarm sound,

he got the fish in then looked at the alarm the wheel had frozen to the roller pin,

there was a damp mist in the air and he checked the temp was showing -4 to -5

he turned the frozen wheel and he heard the ice crack and bits of ice falling off the inner wheel, (not good)

he took my atts off his pod and fitted his own back on (he did not want to loose a rod or rods and reels)

so as soon as i got them back off him they where sold and gone back to delkims.

as some of you know i do alot of freezing weather winter fishing and i am not going to risk loosing a rod and reel due to frozen alarms,

i have had my delkims down to -16 and still worked 100%,

so if you dont do minus freezing weather fishing they are top class alarms,

if you do a lot of minus freezing fishing be warned,

John
28-12-2011, 13:42
Had mine down to minus 5 and they were fine :conf: twirled like a dream... only problem i had was the lake was freezing :lol: This picture doesnt show the alarm head spinning but shows that everything else had frozen, but they still worked...

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr35/sparxx73/DSCF3079.jpg

Pacman
05-01-2012, 11:43
I haven't got the alarms but do you use the receiver and dongles. I use Gardner TLB alarms and at first used the V1 reciever, this was a bit dodgy if there was something inbetween the alarms and the receiver and sometimes didn't register runs etc. I think, due to being complaints they then improved the system and produced the V2 reciever, I contacted Tom and asked to upgrade to the V2, he was VERY VERY helpful and I soon ahd the V2 delivered (Before I'd even posted the V1 to him :tu:) Since then, I've had no problems whatsoever and feel it's a top class piece of kit :tu:

Excellent customer service :tu:

karl
08-02-2012, 15:28
My final word about atts alarms is their after sales service, (in my case)

When I had mine one of the roller retaining pins would not screw out (to change magnetic wheel),

I sent an email about this and got a reply asking exactly what was the problem so I replied with the exact problem,:tu:

I finally got a reply 2 months later :o:o and after I had got rid of them (due to roller freeze)

The reply said if they where within warranty to send it back and they would fix it free of charge,

If it was out of warranty it would cost me £10 for a new case and £10 to fit new case plus £8 postage,:o:o

I bought a new case from their own web site for £8 delivered and changed it myself,

The moral to this post is I personally think after sales is pants and if you need them fixing go onto their site and buy the parts and fit yourself itís a lot cheaper.

Pacman
08-02-2012, 16:18
Karl, that's disappointing to hear mate, I have to say I've dealt with Tom a few times over the years and always found him very very helpful and have often heard others saying the same, in fatc this is the first time I've heard a negative comment about their customer service. But as you have rightly said that's your personal experience, whilst I don't know Tom / ATT personally I will say it's impossible to keep everybody happy 100% of the time, MAYBE for various reasons you were just unlucky?????