PDA

View Full Version : Odours on your hands

Pacman
26-10-2011, 16:18
Are you bothered about odours on your hands?

Petrol, onion, garlic etc etc, do you go to any lengths to hide them?

CrazedCarper
26-10-2011, 17:42
Yes in a word lol,, Diesel mainly, if im off fishing and im putting fuel in on the way i always wear the gloves the rest of the time i dont bother. I generally just try to keep my hands clean before i do the bait or stick etc, i smoke which some think doesnt help but i dont think its affected my fishing in any way.:cool:

John
26-10-2011, 17:47
Depends on the odours i think :think2: i smoke but i dont think that tobacco smell is transferred to baits, when cleaning my hands for when cooking or brewing up i use an odourless hand wash that evaporates in a few seconds, i try to avoid soap and things like that when im fishing a long session as i believe that will transfer to your baits.

I wont go to the extent of washing my hands in lake water or rubbing bankside gravel on my hands like some anglers do, its just not a healthy thing to do with all the rat piss that would be about on a lot fisherys.

Bowza
26-10-2011, 17:53
as garlic and chilli is in a lot of my ground bait mix not too fussed about my hands smelling other than diesal

Bowza

keith wright
26-10-2011, 20:58
a habit i have always done for yrs is to break and rub a cpl of broken boilies in my hands at the start/during the session .....

Carpyjon
26-10-2011, 21:38
only ever been bothered about smells of fuel - ditched my old petrol stove coz of it, and am really careful when fueling up my diesel car en route to the lake (think someone else mentioned this too)

Smithy
13-11-2011, 22:46
I dont worry to much but then I do fill up my coleman and put Diesel in the van the day before, after using the coleman I always rub and wash my hands with some weed and dirt before touching baits and rigs but thats as far as I go :cool: