PDA

View Full Version : Well this will take a bit of getting used to !

John
13-01-2012, 14:31
Got myself one of the angled brackets and air shutter release for self take photo's, for when im out on my own.

Just set it up in the sitting room, and done a few practice shots (which i wont be sharing with you :lol: )

The only thing on my side where my camera is concerned i have the flip screen on it, so can see myself in the shot before taking it, which is a real advantage..

Anyone got any good tips for using these self take kits :tu:

thanks

Bank Tramp
13-01-2012, 14:46
Got myself one of the angled brackets and air shutter release for self take photo's, for when im out on my own.

Just set it up in the sitting room, and done a few practice shots (which i wont be sharing with you :lol: )

The only thing on my side where my camera is concerned i have the flip screen on it, so can see myself in the shot before taking it, which is a real advantage..

Anyone got any good tips for using these self take kits :tu:

thanks

Get a tripod of ebay, only couple of quid, set camera up were you going to take your pictures after you set up, hold something like a weigh sling and holdit like a carp,do 2/3 pratice shots, keep the camera at that height and pop it in car/bivvy, mark the spot on ground with few pebbles or stick, and when and if you catch you no excactly were to put camera and unhooking mat,just takes bit of getting used to, may be even worth doing it on a runs water to try it out, look a bit of a **** but worth the effort so you no how everything works.

Paul F
13-01-2012, 17:24
I just put a longish bank stick in, nice and firm, attach camera via screw in adapter and take a few kneeling shots (holding imaginary fish :rolleyes:) at the start of the session.
For anyone without a posh shutter release :D
I usually put my chair just behind where I intend to be kneeling, for focusing the camera when using the timer method. I mark a spot on the ground once I have it right, or just leave the unhooking mat there! I then remove the camera, or put a butty bag over it if there are no passing scrotes :mad:(not full of left over butty spillage :D) Set to 10 seconds +2 and leg it round to battle the now camera shy fish. Hmmmm, a shutter release sounds might fine!

the nowed serpent
13-01-2012, 17:53
I just put a longish bank stick in, nice and firm, attach camera via screw in adapter and take a few kneeling shots (holding imaginary fish :rolleyes:) at the start of the session.
For anyone without a posh shutter release :D
I usually put my chair just behind where I intend to be kneeling, for focusing the camera when using the timer method. I mark a spot on the ground once I have it right, or just leave the unhooking mat there! I then remove the camera, or put a butty bag over it if there are no passing scrotes :mad:(not full of left over butty spillage :D) Set to 10 seconds +2 and leg it round to battle the now camera shy fish. Hmmmm, a shutter release sounds might fine!

Yes the more you think about how you normally do it the more sense a remote shutter release sounds :yes: it's something I keep thinking about but never actually get round to buying :slap: ;)

Andy

HookLine&Screamer
13-01-2012, 22:44
An old acquaintance from my photgraphic days - himself an accomplished Carp angler and proprietor of Hilton Photographic in Hull - did a couple of articles on picture taking and self takes. Below are the links which may be of some help to one (John) and all.

http://www.nutrabaits.net/Club/April08/page9.html

http://www.nutrabaits.net/Club/Aug08/page9.html (http://www.nutrabaits.net/Club/Aug08/page9.html)