PDA

View Full Version : roseau big lake

goonerglynn
10-02-2012, 06:33
Going to Roseau in June,anyone been before? all advice gratefully received:)

Pacman
10-02-2012, 07:02
Well mate, firstly welcome to the forum :cool:

You may not like what I'm going to write but I ain't gonna lie. 2008 I was involved with Carp Addicts forum and 3 of us got asked if we fancied a trip over to Roseau to do an article for the mag, we jumped at the chance of course! The week we fished it there was 11 on the lake (If I remember correctly it's about 10 acres) on the Tues the owner allowed 3 more folk on it (French) The swims are far too close together and quite regularily one fish wiped out 4 or 5 lines. The lake was rammed with fish but a lot of singles, not what you go to France for. Here's my tally for the week

17 at 10lb and under
20lb 12oz Mirror
27lb 6oz Common
27lb 10oz Sturgeon
28.00lb Mirror
29lb 6oz Mirror
29lb 10oz Mirror
33lb 2oz Mirror

Some of the swims were supposed to be on stages, these were downright dangerous to be on, not stable and rotten. :td:
The facilities were good, clean showers and the club house was ok, we had 1 meal there and that was good :tu:

The article didn't make the mag and (I think) Angling Lines dropped the venue and so assume they've picked it up again. My trip was 2008 and so a hell of a lot could've changed, I really hope so.

The main tip for the fishing I can give ya is pellet, they loved it. Folk would send a bait boat out and they were getting runs before the boat was even back on the bank, I was getting runs whilst spodding, it was the dinner bell to theem.

Please let us know how you go on :)

Pacman
14-02-2012, 11:25
I was looking through Youtbe for something else and came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI3i3ao2rG8&feature=related

Lokks like it has been taken over by different people and looks OK now :cool:

Let us know how you get on :D

brian c
14-02-2012, 11:47
looks like a venue worth watching.:cool:

goonerglynn
14-02-2012, 16:11
I was looking through Youtbe for something else and came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI3i3ao2rG8&feature=related

Lokks like it has been taken over by different people and looks OK now :cool:

Let us know how you get on :D

yes seen video reports from last year seem a lot more encouraging than previous years,so i'll let you know!!