PDA

View Full Version : Camera mount

Marc
17-02-2012, 21:29
Because of another topic about picture taking I finally got round to making my air powered remote system.
I wanted to be able to mount the camera on a bank stick and be able to remove the camera easy and put it back on very quick with out the worry of it being in a different position from setting it up.
I also didn't want to keep it on a tripod as it would mean keeping it all in my bivi when not in use.
This is what I came up with:
http://img.tapatalk.com/0279cfe0-c489-04f7.jpg
The base at the front screws tight onto the stick then the other plate bolts to the camera which also holds the trigger system.
The 4 studs on the camera plate slot into the 4 holes on the other plate and it's perfectly lined up.
To remove simply lift off :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/0279cfe0-c540-a60f.jpg
Cost was 7.00 for the air release on eBay
The materials were 'borrowed' from work and I made it at work so all in all I was paid about 70 to make it :)

CrazedCarper
17-02-2012, 21:40
Looks proper bling! :lol:

You really are a clever bunny Marc,, nicely done mate :cool:

pikeman23
17-02-2012, 21:42
Mate please start selling stuff! i would like an ash tray and one of these awesome camera things!!

Marc
17-02-2012, 22:03
Mate please start selling stuff! i would like an ash tray and one of these awesome camera things!!

ok your second in line, next chance i get i will make some more.
Don't know about the camera mount though, took ages to do and was custom to my camera.

Some more things i have made non fishing related:

car show trophy

Weird iilusion thing

Clock steering wheel

Keyring for my mate with a vw beetle

Chicken spit!

And my weed rake i totally forgot about

CrazedCarper
17-02-2012, 22:07
Oh dear,, now ya got me thinking!!

karl
17-02-2012, 22:10
very nice,

add me to ashtray list please:tu:

CrazedCarper
17-02-2012, 22:11
wow youve shocked me there Karl,, thought youd ask for a new body component or 2!! :p:p

karl
17-02-2012, 22:13
wow youve shocked me there Karl,, thought youd ask for a new body component or 2!! :p:p

na all my body bits are titanium.

CrazedCarper
17-02-2012, 22:14
OOOOhhh check you,, flash git :tu:

pikeman23
17-02-2012, 22:25
Cheers marc :tu: cant wait just let me no the price.

Seankp53
18-02-2012, 16:34
Glad I'm not the only mad forker out there that makes things :rofl:

I don't have "work" facilities, so have to do home made stuff.

Coming out of my shed soon is a phone charger. Well actually a small 3Ah 12v rechargable unit, with waterproof cig lighter inset, USB cig lighter unit, and a choice of rechargers - car and mains.

Also in the pipeline is a 12v 12Ah lead acid battery pack to keep lapdancers (ok laptops :lol:) happy. Ditto battery monitor and mains/car charging devices available.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but just showing willing, if you take my drift.

Sean.

Marc
18-02-2012, 17:15
Glad I'm not the only mad forker out there that makes things :rofl:

I don't have "work" facilities, so have to do home made stuff.

Coming out of my shed soon is a phone charger. Well actually a small 3Ah 12v rechargable unit, with waterproof cig lighter inset, USB cig lighter unit, and a choice of rechargers - car and mains.

Also in the pipeline is a 12v 12Ah lead acid battery pack to keep lapdancers (ok laptops :lol:) happy. Ditto battery monitor and mains/car charging devices available.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but just showing willing, if you take my drift.

Sean.

electronics just confuses the heck out of me so well done!
one thing i've been trying to get a sparky to make me at work is a 'rod pod flood light system'.
a few small leds mounted on the pod that are controlled by the jack on your alarms so when it goes off for more then a few seconds, the lights come on for a couple of minutes so you can see a bit of light around the swim.
Apparently it easy but every time i think about it, it seems sillier and sillier so i probably won't proceed :D