PDA

View Full Version : Danny Fairbrass blanks !!

Wizard
15-07-2012, 01:28
Well well well the Korda Master isn't that perfect after all. John-B's mate said he was fishing next to him on a venue called Bluebell and he blanked the whole day and John's mate caught most of the afternoon :lol4:

Just proves that cunning tactics are used to fool us that their methods work when we see their DVD's and Tackle Tactic etc. They prebait their swims morning and night before a shoot the next day for their underwater footage too.

I wonder what other devious tactics they use :think2:

This has really got me thinking as I do like Korda stuff, may go onto Nash or Fox if this info is true

brian c
15-07-2012, 09:23
in my opinion df is one of the biggest blankers in the sport:D
just because he didn`t catch there is no reason to change the way you fish if it works for you. i do not use korda for my own reasons but stick to what works for me:cool:

Carpbreakout
15-07-2012, 09:36
I don't think its fair to single out Mr Fairbrass or Korda for blanking or making use of prebaiting tactics, I'm led to believe these tactics are standard for nearly all the magazine articles and films. The pros are not wondermen and carp fishing is generally not easy. Obviously if a pro or magazine is going to do an article on your lake then the owner will want them to catch to put their water in a good light. Consequently it makes good sense for them to put some pegs out of bounds for a week and prebait it, the people doing the article will generally provide the bait too.

I have been round Bluebell lakes 5 or 6 times and they are not easy waters, I would suggest that the majority of people fishing there, blank. To be honest people go for weeks and still blank, so I'm not surprised he didn't catch. I haven't actually fished there but not because of the blanking mainly because I think its overpriced (ranging from 27.50 to 40 for 24 hours) and I've found the guy who owns it to be quite unfriendly.

Wizard
15-07-2012, 09:56
in my opinion df is one of the biggest blankers in the sport:D
just because he didn`t catch there is no reason to change the way you fish if it works for you. i do not use korda for my own reasons but stick to what works for me:cool:
Since starting carp fishing i've found korda always seem to go out of their way to produce these carp dvd's/tactics etc and not found companys like Nash, Fox etc produce the same. This is probably why I chose Korda as a my tackle and accessory dealer.

Ok, the presenters can be a bit cheesy and up there own arses but the products have never let me down yet, reasonable price I guess but every tackle shop I go in, Korda have the biggest range.

I do choose my own method of fishing and keep it 'simple, stupid' and it works for me every time, I don't change my tactics that much but do rely on quality tackle and I think Korda do produce good gear which hasn't let me down yet.

I just don't like to be misled and if companys do that I wil not buy their products if i've been misled, simple as that

John
15-07-2012, 13:53
Like any big name angler who makes dvds, the idea is not only to show you tips & tricks, but also fish on the bank. So yes they have swims roped off and mountains of bait humped in for them, sometimes weeks before they arrive.

DF maybe the most irratating dipstick on film, but he at least uses his own products and stands by them :think2: Korda are not gaurenteed to make you catch at the end of the day..

He also blanked in 1 of his unerwater films, think it was 6, funny yes, but no stains on his products, if the fish are't feeding, no matter how good you are, you wont catch.

John
15-07-2012, 16:13
Since starting carp fishing i've found korda always seem to go out of their way to produce these carp dvd's/tactics etc and not found companys like Nash, Fox etc produce the same. This is probably why I chose Korda as a my tackle and accessory dealer.

Thats because fairbrass and his boys are marketing geniuses, no one calls him for his fish catching skills, he's called for the way he hard sells stuff.

Ok, the presenters can be a bit cheesy and up there own arses but the products have never let me down yet, reasonable price I guess but every tackle shop I go in, Korda have the biggest range.

Everyone who does films such as theres can come across as cheesey, thats just the nature of the film imo.

I do choose my own method of fishing and keep it 'simple, stupid' and it works for me every time, I don't change my tactics that much but do rely on quality tackle and I think Korda do produce good gear which hasn't let me down yet.

I just don't like to be misled and if companys do that I wil not buy their products if i've been misled, simple as that

Im failing to see why DF blanking is somehow linked to you being mislead :think2: every angler, unknown or top of the tree, blanks, thats fishing, its not misleading.

Carp addiction
17-07-2012, 20:54
oh Danny did the wonder goo not work lol another one on the goo after 10 mins is a sentence he says on tv lol, do you think we are thick, you've been baiting up for a week before your rods see the water. A bit off subject i know but he's full of sh*te

John
17-07-2012, 21:17
oh Danny did the wonder goo not work lol another one on the goo after 10 mins is a sentence he says on tv lol, do you think we are thick, you've been baiting up for a week before your rods see the water. A bit off subject i know but he's full of sh*te

:conf: :conf:

Wizard
18-07-2012, 02:14
:skp53: LOL

Weed-Camo
18-07-2012, 08:03
If there was this much interest everytime I blanked Johns server would blow up :lmao:

Carpyjon
18-07-2012, 10:41
Whether you love him or hate him, there is no other brand that puts more into publicising the sport of carp fishing. The Korda boys do a hell of a lot to share ideas and tactics with everyone. We are not naive enough to know that they are always going to approach a film shoot with a view to maximising the impact of the show - and that means putting fish on the bank. Christ, what we do if were in the same position?

beanz
18-07-2012, 16:47
i cant get my head around why DF blanking is news???? he is only mortal...........and if you beleive what you see on a "cut together" vid then...........:pat::clol: