PDA

View Full Version : Bite Alarms

Wizard
03-08-2012, 20:49
My TFG Bite Alarm decided to throw a wobbly on me in my Thursday session, I think its on its way out to be honest. Now I know Delkim are the leaders in Bite Alarms but pricewise, a bit too expensive for me at the moment.

A lot of people here say buy cheap buy twice when it comes to buying budget or cheap gear but I need a good alarm just to get me by for now until I have enough money saved up to get a good pair of delkims.

I have seen a Fox Micron M+ for sale over at Angling Direct website which kinds of falls into my price range 23.99 but are these any good ?
Link: http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/store/fox-micron-m

But have also seen a Delkim Ev Plus on the same site going for 59.50
Link: http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/store/delkim-ev-plus-bite-alarm

I know you are probably screaming, get the Delkim but is this good value for money this Delkim as it looks the business.

So I'm in a Dilema now, get the Fox temporarily untill I save enough for a pair of Delkims or get the Delkim and still save for a decent pair of Delkims :think2:

John
03-08-2012, 21:10
I love bite alarm threads :mrgreen:

ATTS' all day for me :cool:

pm regarding fox alarms ;)

karl
03-08-2012, 22:28
alarms i have had and pro`s and cons, and my star rating out of 10

origanal optonics (deluxe) good alarms but old hat (but still good alarms)******

ATTS not bad alarms, pro`s value for money *******, does what it says on the tin ***, cons they dont like cold below -10 :td:

delkim txi plus`s, top class alarms ********, i love em to bits, con`s price :td:

delkim ev plus,dam good alarms *****, con`s need to buy attachment to go wireless + receiver,:td:

i am now on ACE i3`s, i thought nothing would be as good as delkims (how wrong i was), **********, con`s same as txi price,:td:

i am not a fox alarm fan, looked at them tried them and gave em back.

John
03-08-2012, 22:53
ATTS not bad alarms, pro`s value for money ****, does what it says on the tin ***, cons they dont like cold below -10 :td:

Have to take exception with Karls star ratings here :lol: you knew it would happen Karl :lol4:

Value for money, deserve well more than 4 stars, at nearly half the price of the delks sirens ace alarms, there absolutely bang on.

They do exactly what they say on the tin, there indestructible, see various you tube videos of them being abused, no false indication which you get with the other alarms mentioned, no matter how many sensitivity settings they have.

As for the cold, this is where me and Karl disagree completely, i have had mine down to -6 not -10 like Karl, but is there any difference in freezing between -6 & -10 :conf: and mine were perfectly fine :conf:

See the review i wrote and there is a cpl of the videos in there i mentioned. http://www.craftycarping.co.uk/showthread.php/169-ATTS-Review

I have had my ATTS's coming upto 5 years now, and they will last another 5 years of that i have no doubt, but like everything electronic, it all needs looking after in terms of not being mistreated etc. :tu:

If you want an alarm that will stand up to all the weather that can be thrown at it, be reliable and not have lots and lots of different things that could go wrong it, then the ATTS ticks every box and more.

Wizard
03-08-2012, 23:55
delkim ev plus,dam good alarms *****, con`s need to buy attachment to go wireless + receiver,:td:
Wouldn't need those two myself, alarms are just right I think :tu:

John-B
04-08-2012, 00:12
Delkims...... Load of shite, for you and your day ticket fishing Ade pick up a set of the original fox micron m's.
I've used loads of alarms in the past and all have let me down in some form. Never used Atts but if my current alarms packed in I'd consider them.
I'm using fox rx digitals at the moment and have been for the last 3 year, they have been out in every weather possible and never ever let me down. I will argue with anyone that they are still one of the best alarms ever made. Some say they eat batteries but not my set and if they did its only a 9v pp3.
Sorry waffling on, Ade get a set of micron m's ;)

Wizard
04-08-2012, 08:02
Delkims...... Load of shite, for you and your day ticket fishing Ade pick up a set of the original fox micron m's.
I've used loads of alarms in the past and all have let me down in some form. Never used Atts but if my current alarms packed in I'd consider them.
I'm using fox rx digitals at the moment and have been for the last 3 year, they have been out in every weather possible and never ever let me down. I will argue with anyone that they are still one of the best alarms ever made. Some say they eat batteries but not my set and if they did its only a 9v pp3.
Sorry waffling on, Ade get a set of micron m's ;)
OK, thanks John

I got your PM message John, really considering your offer on the Fox MX+'s though :tu:

steve3100
04-08-2012, 12:56
the which alarm debate will go on forever everybody likes different features on there alarms.

it seems you are favouring towards the delks so save the extra and go for the delks.

there is nothing wrong with the cheap fox alarms either myself being a fox fan rather than delk.

go for what you are happy with and take the advice of others as a point of reference as you can read from this thread alone some say delk are the best some say fox are the best the debate goes on:tu:

Pacman
04-08-2012, 17:20
Mate if it's not too late for my input, stay away from Delkim EV's, unless you can guarentee not to fish in the rain :p I've been with 2 people using them and after a few hours of rain they started playing up, not what you need when wanting a decent alarm:td:
TXI's, I'm sure there's loads of folk out there who have never had a problem but I was in France recently, 3 of us went, 1 guy had TXI's and we sat in the middle swim for food n drinks etc, his swim was about 35 yards away but with treees etc in the way, he had to put his reciever on the guys pod so there wasn't anything in the way to ensure he had a good signal. Again a negative for the price of them.
ATT, I haven't used them myself but do use the ATT V2 receiver system in conjunction with Gardner TLB's and have not had a problem since getting them.I have tested the reciever and it worked up to about 500 yards, walking round corners etc and it still worked.:tu: (I am not saying it is ok to be 500 yards from your rods;))
Fox, good solid alarms, the Microns have been around for years and very relaible:cool:

So, for me, my advice is to go with the ATTs, whilst I haven't used them, my mates do and rate them very very highly, and if you shop about you'll get a set of 3 and receiver on fleabay for about 180 - 200 quid

the nowed serpent
04-08-2012, 19:12
I'm with Karl here can't beat the Ace i3's they're innovative and cover everything you want from an alarm but they are expensive :yes: as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't touch ATT's for the simple reason that as the heads have no alarm on them if the remote packs up you're left with 3 heads and no noise when you get a run - I don't care how reliable they have been it's an extra risk I refuse to take.

Andy