PDA

View Full Version : south cerney

Commoncatcher Baits
24-01-2011, 19:24
hi all
anyone fishing around hear ? had much out after the big thor? cant bleave it went on for so long . gonna dust the rods off this weekend for the first time since the start of dec. never been packed away for so long

big trev
24-01-2011, 20:18
Hi Stu, Im thinking of fishing the big Bradleys lake sometime in the near future, is that anywhere near you? Have you fished it before?

Spike
24-01-2011, 20:29
The cold snap is due to come back towards the end of this week I'm afraid..:(

Malc
24-01-2011, 20:42
I spent a lot of time fishing the waters at South Cerney. Bradleys was my main water, this was when it was on the South Cerney Anglers Club. Also used to fish Wick Water but on weekends it got really busy. Couple of years ago I did a few sessions on Bradleys and how it's changed, hundreds of new fish introduced, stockies, and more swims built. It seems Watermark have somewhat ruined what was once classed as a prolific Carp water. Now it's just a money making organisation that own the waters and they seem to be buying every water that come available. Don't get me wrong, Bradleys is a cracking water but very challenging if you're after the decent fish. Little Horseshoe is on the same ticket as Bradleys and is a cracking little water with some very decent fish in it, very very weedy and can be a right head banger. The Carp Society water at Lechlade, Horseshoe Lake, would be a better water than Bradleys, or any other waters on the Cotswold Water Park if it comes to it, fantastic fish, imo some of the best in the country, you don't get idiots on there and is well bailiffed and the rules are strict. Join the Carp Society and you can fish there.

Hope that helps.

big trev
24-01-2011, 21:33
Thanks Malc

my reason for asking about it is I have a 48 hr comp there in June and im just doing a bit of homework.

Commoncatcher Baits
24-01-2011, 22:34
im fishing the south cerny lakes at the mo i live in wotton bassett it about 10 miles away . bradleys is in the cotswold water park im very lucky to live so close to so many awsome lakes . i have fished little horseshoe lovely little lake . havent fished bradleys give me a shout when your there ill pop down for a brew

big trev
25-01-2011, 12:01
im fishing the south cerny lakes at the mo i live in wotton bassett it about 10 miles away . bradleys is in the cotswold water park im very lucky to live so close to so many awsome lakes . i have fished little horseshoe lovely little lake . havent fished bradleys give me a shout when your there ill pop down for a brew

Will do Stu, I will be down a few times before the comp Ill let you know when im going.

Commoncatcher Baits
25-01-2011, 21:41
will u be fishing it before the comp if so give me a shout a week or so before. and i might do a night up there to fancy a go at it

BOF39
26-01-2011, 19:25
Fished Little Horseshoe last summer for a few days along with some of the "usual suspects". I'll go along with the weedy description, 4ft deep = 3ft 6" of weed + 6" of water.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/bof39/DSCF0657.jpg

Very pretty though, tree lined etc., unlike a lot of the bigger water park venues which tend to be somewhat open, and if the wind is blowing hard, (as it does at this time of the year), a bit too open for my liking.

BOF ;)