PDA

View Full Version : Snag Ears

back on the rods
17-02-2011, 09:44
Are these the must have item ?
More and more people seem to be buying them yet never even fish any where near a snag ? or would even know how to fish snags ,
Are they just the item that is the no 1 item of the tackle tarts catalogue .
Yes fine if there used , but why have them if there not ?

tryzard
17-02-2011, 10:01
Absolutely pointless if you're not snag fishing, but they are a must for the tackle tart!

I have snag ears for one buzzer only as I wouldn't dream of fishing multiple rods near snags.

back on the rods
17-02-2011, 10:04
Absolutely pointless if you're not snag fishing, but they are a must for the tackle tart!

I have snag ears for one buzzer only as I wouldn't dream of fishing multiple rods near snags.

my thought too

Ive lost count of the amont ive seen for all 3 rods , Whats that all about ?

tryzard
17-02-2011, 10:15

my thought too

Tartiness (when not snag fishing). Sheer recklessness and lack of consideration for fish safety (when snag fishing with multiple rods).

back on the rods
17-02-2011, 11:02
Snag bars i can understand ,Cuts down movement on the bars , but snag ears :?:

John
17-02-2011, 12:29
tarts dream, even though i havent got any :lol: as i dont fish snags i dont really need them.

big trev
18-02-2011, 17:54
Now theres me thinking you would have a set of polished stainless steel ones. :shock:

Scotfins
18-02-2011, 18:05

my thought too

:roflol: .... I've seen rods with line being ripped that fast from them whilst locked up... where the rods have been levelled from tips up to horizontal.......Ive only ever seen one occasion where 150 yards of line was stripped from a rod being pulled off ears.....I see it as an accessory of the tart....Why fish your rods at crazy angles to your baits?, when you can bankstick it toward the spot.. 9 times out of 10 I,m fishing near snags...

the nowed serpent
18-02-2011, 22:54

my thought too

:roflol: .... I've seen rods with line being ripped that fast from them whilst locked up... where the rods have been levelled from tips up to horizontal.......Ive only ever seen one occasion where 150 yards of line was stripped from a rod being pulled off ears.....I see it as an accessory of the tart....Why fish your rods at crazy angles to your baits?, when you can bankstick it toward the spot.. 9 times out of 10 I,m fishing near snags...

If you've seen line being ripped off then they are obviously not locked up as the whole idea of being locked up is to stop any line being given off the reel when fishing tight to snags which is why it's recommended to only ever fish 1 rod in a setup locked up and for the angler to always be within reach of their rods, for this reason alone I can't see why anyone would need 3 sets of snag ears. Given a choice I agree it's better to fish with rods aimed at the baits but it's not always possible to use bank sticks.

Andy

Scotfins
19-02-2011, 12:31
Locked up to the extent you cant rip it off the spool physically yourself.....locked up means, locked up...(fox mags btw)

back on the rods
19-02-2011, 12:35
Locked up means tightening yer spool down witha spanner , then sitting on yer rods , Not going to sleep or going to see yer buddie on the next swim.
When spag fishing there is no time for error

steve3100
19-02-2011, 21:07
just never seen the point of these things i have fished near snags in the past so called locked up stlye(daylight hrs only) and never lost a rod for this.

tackletarts toy :D :D

tryzard
19-02-2011, 21:11
just never seen the point of these things i have fished near snags in the past so called locked up stlye(daylight hrs only) and never lost a rod for this.
Yet! :D