PDA

View Full Version : Adam Penning of korda, and the effect of his actions.....

John
09-03-2011, 21:59
If the rumours are to be believed, adam penning of korda has alledgedly smashed up the vision stand at a recent carp show, using a baseball bat or pick axe handle, all over visions version of the crusher :hmm:

Now im no expert in patents but if korda didnt want there product copied surely a patent would of stopped that :think2:

And its hardly a new product that the boys of korda had to develop for years is it. :lol:

[attachment=0:2gpzf94t]322_0521.jpg[/attachment:2gpzf94t]

pikeman23
09-03-2011, 22:14
:D wouldnt surprise me im sure hes known for having a few anger problems isnt he?

big trev
10-03-2011, 07:27
That was last year.

Malc
10-03-2011, 07:45
Yes I think it was last year Trev, I remember reading about it somewhere.

Disgraceful behaviour from a high profile guy involved with a high profile company. The Korda crusher wasn't a Korda idea in the first place, they, was going to say stole, refined someone else's idea and made an absolute fortune out of it. Vision jumped on the band wagon, as regards the crusher, but a little late I think, so why Mr Penning should have got upset I'll never know, but what a good way to behave and what a great message to send out to the Angling community.

steve3100
10-03-2011, 13:16
correctme if im wrong but i think there are a few of them on the market now all of which are almost identical to the korda version did he go and smash there shops up as well :lol:

the guy might of been pi**ed off by something on that day but still no way of going about protecting korda's products.

if it was sometime ago if was obvously a waste of time as it hasent done the korda brand any harm :!: :lol:

Carpyjon
10-03-2011, 17:41
Well we all know what these crushers were originally designed for, and they have been around for years...

crazyspodder
10-03-2011, 19:27
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/leeyarker/10592835064d697605629b8.gif

back on the rods
10-03-2011, 20:21
who gives a **** about him , guy is a total knob
as for the design i believe the Egyptians were the first to use one . Its only people who use there products that allow them to have this elite status

crazyspodder
10-03-2011, 23:08
So, which one do you guys own?

I opted for the Vision one, a lot cheaper than the Korda!

Lee

steve3100
11-03-2011, 13:17
like or loathe the korda brand almost every angler i know uses 1.

i bought the korda 1 as this was the only commercial 1 out when i parted with my cash :lol:

Scotfins
11-03-2011, 22:19

Lee

Same here Lee....half the price, and bonus of not having Korda emblazened across it..

carpfanatic
11-03-2011, 22:41
Korda Team - Has a select few bunch of cocks in it IMO :tu: ..........Some of them are good anglers and good people and could do well to be elsewhere with their sponsorship IMO.

Carpyjon
13-03-2011, 18:48
tbh i didnt know anyone else made em, so when i saw the korda thought it was a nifty idea and bought one.

as for adam penning, it is knobbish behaviour like that that gets the korda boys the kind of reputation that seems to be building more and more for them.

John
15-04-2011, 00:11

Lee

Like steve3100 i got the korda one as this was the only one available at the time, i didnt say bought because it was given to me by a friend who works in a tackle shop :tu:

bigmck
16-04-2011, 22:28
i got told it wasnt even a vision stand that the prick smashed up but was the stand of a tackle shop local to where the show was being held and that the lad on the stand at the time was only just out of school and the older guy on the stand had gone for a shite. Maybe one day Penning will loose his rag with somebody who has a bigger rag to loose lol

Seankp53
17-04-2011, 00:03
Like steve3100 i got the korda one as this was the only one available at the time, i didnt say bought because it was given to me by a friend who works in a tackle shop :tu:
Same as. Got the small and large for 12 delivered off auction on eBay, new too :tu:

Sean.

Wizard
21-06-2012, 01:19
If the vision one is cheaper than the korda one I'd of bought one simply cause of the price difference and I use Korda products most of the time.

Not that I'm a fanatic of them but do like their N-Trap hooklink material that is just coming out in Silt

Carpbreakout
21-06-2012, 11:02
I think they should have just brought the police in and had him done!!! I wouldn't be surprised if Korda paid out some dosh to keep the thing out of court.

At the risk of boring people I will relate an incident that happened at a high profile hospital. They have some prima donna consultants at this place who treat the nurses and other staff like dirt (a lot don't by the way), one in particular was known for being violent and had hit some staff and was being protected by the hospital. They sent him on non aggression courses, anger management etc which seemed to be having little effect. Consequently staff were not keen to work with this guy in the operating theatre. Anyway this guy headbutted this nurse in the theatre, the nurse reported it and they started with we will take action against him etc. The nurse said don't bother I've dealt with it, I reported it to the police and they have arrested him.

They wet themselves, apparently bent over backwards asking the nurse to withdraw the charge while a lot of the staff were well impressed. Eventually the nurse withdrew the charge, on the condition that the consultant apologised to her and all the staff when assembled in the operating theatre, with the agreement he would go to prison if it happened again and he had to go on another anger management course. I was led to believe she also received some compensation, this supressed a lot of his anger.