PDA

View Full Version : willesley- leicestershire

keith wright
18-11-2010, 20:20
heres another water, gravel pit some cracking lookin fish in there heres a link

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/willesley/index.htm

John
21-12-2010, 17:40
looks a nice place, just had a read on there website. cheap season ticket aswell :tu:

big trev
21-12-2010, 17:52
It is an OK place, reasonable price and not too difficult in the summer months. Ive been there a few times and the marker float in the tree halfway along on the nearside bank, is the reslut of one of my students having a fit whilst trying to cast. Im not allowed to go there anymore cos I had a few loud words with Christine the owner. :lol: That said it might be a good place for a small social in the warmer months if we can get a section of bank to yourselves.

Seankp53
21-12-2010, 18:46
Looks pleasant and reasonably priced. Bit out of the way for me as regular though. Was that an unhooking mat thingy, Trev?

Sean.

big trev
21-12-2010, 18:59
No it was a disagreement on timings. We were bivvied up waiting for her to come round again in the morning so we could pay and stay for another day but she came round with a bloke wielding a large iron bar and kicked up a racket, wouldnt listen to us so we packed up and left.

Seankp53
22-12-2010, 21:28
No it was a disagreement on timings. We were bivvied up waiting for her to come round again in the morning so we could pay and stay for another day but she came round with a bloke wielding a large iron bar and kicked up a racket, wouldnt listen to us so we packed up and left.

Well, that's that for me then, unless I can persuade grumps to come along too :lol:

Sean.

thattill
22-12-2010, 21:33
I heard some anglers had their cars broke into whilst fishing the lake not sure how long ago this was though. Only found this out as i was doin some research on the place as i was gonna fish it as it was a place me and my dad wanted to give a go but hearing this put me straight off.

big trev
22-12-2010, 21:56
Nah thats a nasty rumour mate. There is a secure car park at the venue and Christine will let you park in there if you ring her beforehand and arrange it. If you dont there is a small area where you can fit in 3 or 4 cars, in fact as you drive down the approach road there is a small layby where you can park to unload your kit (a very short walk) before you drive further and park in the car park. In the summer months she will have the cafe open as well and there are a few cctv cameras covering the car park and cafe area.