PDA

View Full Version : Pva bag & PVA mesh

NorthernCarper
27-04-2011, 23:52
What rigs does everyone use when fishing with pva bags and mesh, Also in what situations would you use this method over spodding or single baits?

pikeman23
28-04-2011, 00:16
usually as i fish over boilie its a 6-8'' rig but if im fishing over a spod mix ill shorten it down to maybe 3-4'' but always use a bag of either pellet or crushed boilies. :tu:

NorthernCarper
28-04-2011, 00:24
When using a bag do you place the rig inside the bag or do you just hook the bag on?

I know in the past when ive been bag fishing ive placed some pellets inside the bag, then the lead followed by a few more pellets and then hook the hook through the bag from the inside (about a inch down the bag) now alot of people just gently wet the top of the bag and twist the bag around the leader. but ive sometimes found the bag doesnt seal too good so i tie in place with a little PVA tape.

pikeman23
28-04-2011, 00:25
i normally thread it onto the rig abit like a stringer :)

John
28-04-2011, 00:28
PVA fishing, i love it, especially stiks, i almost always put a stik on thats about 2 - 3" long, wether im fishing a single bait or over a bed of bait, the 2 main reasons is for 1 hook point protection, allowing me enough time to move the rig in the swim if i feel i need to, the other reason is for attraction, adding that little bit of pure attraction without adding any more food items to the swim.

I attach the stik the traditional way using a stik needle going through the stik, and out of the end at a slight angle, then pulling the hook into the bottom of the stik.

pikeman23
28-04-2011, 00:30
PVA fishing, i love it, especially stiks, i almost always put a stik on thats about 2 - 3" long, wether im fishing a single bait or over a bed of bait, the 2 main reasons is for 1 hook point protection, allowing me enough time to move the rig in the swim if i feel i need to, the other reason is for attraction, adding that little bit of pure attraction without adding any more food items to the swim.

I attach the stik the traditional way using a stik needle going through the stik, and out of the end at a slight angle, then pulling the hook into the bottom of the stik.

Same reasons ere

Seankp53
28-04-2011, 01:45
In the past, I've usually used mixed pellets in both bags and mesh, as a sort of blanket "swim feeder" attractant, but I'm considering using small diameter mesh (22mm not 16mm) filled with 3mm pellets of the same flavour as my boilie/pellet hookbait only e.g. GLM. Attractant not fill-'em-up food. Similar theory to my smelly leads approach, but there are many more bait flavour concentrates out there than there are different pellet flavours :lol: Found sweetcorn and worm pellets, but not pineapple etc.
Maybe this will make no difference in practice, but I need to give it a try.

Sean.

John
28-04-2011, 02:05

Just to add to my post as i forgot to mention the rig part of my reply.

I dont tend to change the rig, i generally stick with a hooklink of 6-8" apart from when using the choddy then its no more than 1 1/2".

@sean, see nash baits they do a pineapple flavoured pellet :tu:

steve3100
28-04-2011, 22:20
i almost always use a stick where i can get away with it apart from proper long range casting. i use the korda funnel web system in long chuck or boilie funnel web. if im fishing closer in i will use the orignal size funnel web with either pellets or boilies in there.

NorthernCarper
28-04-2011, 22:52
For the members new to carp fishing, would you say that it's down to personal preferance or fishing situation as to which method you use (excluding long range fishing)???

John
29-04-2011, 23:34
For the members new to carp fishing, would you say that it's down to personal preferance or fishing situation as to which method you use (excluding long range fishing)???

I think its down to a mixture of both situation and preference, if i know the lake bed i will just use a pva mesh bag, with pellet and crushed boilies, but 90% of the time its a stik mix.

NorthernCarper
01-05-2011, 00:15
For me a small stick is ideal for casting to showing fish and stalking.

John
05-06-2011, 14:36
For me a small stick is ideal for casting to showing fish and stalking.

Ive caught a cpl of nice fish doing that, seeing a fish roll or head n shoulder, then putting a rig in the same spot with stick on, and getting takes within 10 or 15mins. :cool: